Friday, March 9, 2012

SINE DIE: Things I've said to my kids in the last 60 Days that People Also Say During Legislative Session


For those of you who know someone involved in the legislative process in Florida, and many other states too, session is ending today, hopefully.  In Florida, session is sixty days long.  During this time, things are busy and we don't get to see our whole family together nearly enough. As my daughter has said during prayers for the last two weeks, "Please let Daddy's busy time get over soon." Tonight, "busy time" ends!  

In celebration, I have written down the following: 

Things I've said to my kids in the last 60 Days 
that People Also Say During Legislative Session

1. Go back to your room (chamber) and don't come out until you are ready to play nice with your brother. 

2. That costs too much, put it back.  

3. Just because your friend did it, doesn't mean it's ok for you to do it too.  

4. No means no.

5. Is it bedtime yet?

6. Quit acting like a baby.

7. Trust me.

8. Because I said so.

9. Put your pants back on. 

10. I can't understand you when you whine like that.

11. Ok, it's time to go home.

It's been a long sixty days, so...

Sine Die, friends! Sine Die!


No comments:

Post a Comment