Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Mom Musing: School Start= Clean House

This morning, I am smiling. I'm smiling at the thought that school starts in less than a week. Actually we HAVE been smiling around here because of the start of school for a little while now. My kids are so very excited about school- one starting kindergarten, the other one going to preschool for the first time. I have been excited that we will be back on a schedule.  We need a schedule, but if we try to just make one up, we know its not true and we break the schedule for things like lying in bed and watching extra cartoons. We have tried.

Moments ago, my smile got bigger as my random thoughts have led me to believe that this time next week, my house will miraculously be cleaner! As I indulge the dream, my house practically sparkles with clean. Did I make too big of a leap that kids in school means clean house? Here's how I got there. The kids are going to school. Therefore they will be out of the house more. If kids are not in the house, they won't be here pulling toys out of everywhere, or getting toothpaste all over the sink in an effort to brush their teeth without assistance, nor will they be changing their clothes fifteen times a day despite my one outfit a day rule. This equals, less toys to put away, less bathroom cleaning, less laundry. Therefore, the house will STAY cleaner! (See kids, that a->b, b->c, therefore, a->c geometry stuff is useful.)

Kids NOT in house= House staying cleaner

I'm so relieved. If this isn't true, please don't spoil my little daydream. I'm going to have nine whole hours a week to myself while both kids are in school. I'm pretty sure I am going to be able to solve all of the ails of the earth in that time period. Now, if only I could find my magic wand (and maybe a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg) so I can get started.

(Yes, some things shouldn't make me smile, but the thought of getting the house cleaned and it staying that way for more than while the kids sleep, is a BIG deal. Don't laugh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment