Friday, February 1, 2013

Our Week in Pics

CAUTION: These are real pics of our world. All messes are real. We are still unpacking some boxes, and are finally starting to hang some things on the wall. Please excuse our dust. :) 

Our daughter acquired a new princess dress, that I think she wore for about 36 hours last weekend. Her brother couldn't let her have a pic alone. 
Treasure found in one of those boxes. That's the "Right Stuff," baby! One of my new year's goals is to be able to get these types of things (the ones we can't even use anymore because we no longer own a tape deck) out of our house, but probably won't get rid of this one!
Painted the baby's room and put the crib together. EEK!!!

Had some work done on the new yard, removing some unhealthy trees. This was quite entertaining and even a little sad at times. 

Refreshed some old pillows marking my reunion with my sewing machines. 

Went to my son's Teddy Bear Picnic at school! He opted to bring his favorite cuddle- Mickey!

Our daughter celebrated her 100th day of school! Such a big deal!
After years of being stuck in storage, this old chandelier got a new lease on life
I started a new project- valences. I still need to tweak them and make about five more, but this was something I hadn't really made before. Cutting nice fabrics can be stressful to me, so I'm happy that I got this started. Now I just need to figure out how to make the results be something I'm proud to share.  I'll post more pics and tips when I finish these. 

Happy Friday to you and your people! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
-Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment