Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Phew! Halloween Orders, DONE!

A little over a year ago, a friend asked me if I would be willing to make her daughter a Pebbles costume.  She did not want one of these fleece (aka plastic) costumes that are more easily found.  Cotton.  Soft.  Cute.  Knowing her style, we quickly hashed out the details for a boutique style Pebbles, made from cotton that just had to include the bone for her hair.  The reserve listing was up on Etsy for a few days and that resulted in a second order for someone needing a cotton costume for her daughter with sensitive skin. 

Lo and behold, the HappyLittleMonkey Boutique Style Pebbles Costume was born.  When I first posted the costume early in the summer, I didn't expect to get so many orders. (After all, it's just been me over here sewing these cute little things, well, at least so far!)

And today, I get to sigh a little bit of relief that they are either in the hands of those who ordered them, or the hands of the Post Office Clerks (who almost didn't want to let me in when I came running in at 6:00 pm today with my arms full of the final orders and two kids). 


Early Order- for a Summer Birthday Party

First Batch of Halloween Orders

Close Up of the Yellow One

Last Batch of Halloween Orders, including Bam Bam!

Won't the brother and sister duo look so cute in these?

Bam Bam in his solo glory!

Batch 2...well, it wasn't really a batch!  

A few SuperKid Shirts flew out the door in time for Halloween too (although they went so fast I didn't have time to take pictures of all of them.) 


The Pumpkin Clips are still popular for the remainder of the season through Thanksgiving.  They are great on their own or as a bow add-on. Some letters are available to ship and others can be made to order.  Also, if you are in town, Rinse & Repeat Kids' Salon has some in their boutique too.  


Now, to get working on my own kids' costumes and the rest of the orders!

In case I don't get to post before next Monday, hope you have a happy and safe Halloween! 



As always, thank you for your support!  I have enjoyed being able to help people create their Halloween memories. 

1 comment: